This post is about bucket lists. It might seem like it’s going to be a bit morbid but I think that having a bucket list can be really motivating, especially if you have a progressive illness or your symptoms are becoming more difficult to manage. I often feel down when I think about the things I can no longer do, so I decided to make a list of things I still want to do before illness takes it away from me. I have a ‘before I’m too sick’ list and an actual ‘bucket’ list.
My ‘Before I’m Too Sick’ List
- Go to Pendle Hill and visit the witches cottage. I’m such a history geek and I love the outdoors so this has been on my list for a long time! I’d love to see where the supposed witches practiced their craft in the 1600’s! You can read more about them Here.
- Fly a kite. Yep, I have done this before, when I was a kid. I had so much fun flying kites when I was younger. I’d absolutely love to do it again. If I do it, I’m going to get Paul to film me singing the Mary Poppins song while plenty of people look at me like I’m loopy!
- Go to a water park. I don’t mean just visit one, I mean go on as many slides as I can. Water slides are the best and going to a water park on holiday was always the highlight of the trip for me. These days I’d find it too difficult to climb the stairs to the top of the high ones, especially in a hot climate so I will settle for an indoor water park in England.
- Go camping. I went once when I was a kid and I flippin loved it! I’m not sure if I’m too sick to do this now but I would so love to do it again. Just a couple of days. I might have to settle for sleeping in a caravan instead but just being outdoors and having limited luxuries would be a lot of fun!
My Bucket List
- Feed, swim with, hug and just generally hang out with penguins would be a dream! No more explanation needed!
- Stay in a glass igloo underneath the Northern Lights. Oh.What.A.Dream. So cosy and romantic and just completely amazing!
- Eat pizza in Italy 🇮🇹 because that’s the dream, right? A proper Italian feast, in Italy.
- Go on a cruise. Sitting in a private hot tub on the balcony of my cabin watching the sunset over the horizon. (Might have to be rich for that one!)
- Visit the Colloseum in Rome and take in all of the history of the Roman Empire!
- Go to a drive-in movie. I’ve wanted to do this since I watched ‘Grease.’ Sit in the car, eating pizza 🍕 and watching a film! Amazing.
- Let go of a floating lantern because…pretty.
- Swim with dolphins. Ok, one that’s on most people’s lists I imagine but when I go to Mexico this year, I’m hoping to have the opportunity to do this. Just to hug a dolphin 🐬 would be so amazing!
There is so much more I’d love to do but if I achieve any of these then I will be extremely happy. I’m very fortunate that I got to do a lot of fun things when I was younger and that some of the things on my ‘before I’m too sick’ list are to do some of those things again. Illness definitely makes you appreciate things in a different way and not take life for granted. Life is about making memories with the ones you love and spreading happiness. ✌️